Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Care Bear

So much for my post a few days ago about trying to have a more "saintly" attitude. Today I had to get the girls dressed and out the house in about 3 minutes flat. As usual, they decided that today was the day all the stuffed animals owned by my niece, Sophia, needed to tag along.

I quickly explained to them that this was going to be a short trip, we did not have time to take care of so many stuffed animals, that they could only take one each and that we wouldn't be gone too long.

As I started checking all the rooms and corners for my shoes, purse and keys, I turned to see Isabella walking down the stairs with an arm full of stuffed animals. Grrrrr!!!

Me: Isabella, you cannot bring all those toys with you.
Isabella: Well, I want to so I am because I'm going to take good care of them.
Me: No, Isabella, you can only choose one.
Isabella: But Moooooooooooooom, I really want to take them all.
Me: I don't care, Isabella! You can only take one.
Isabella: No, I want to take more.
Me: I don't care! Let's go - we need to go!!!!
Isabella: You never care! I wish you cared! I wish you were a Care Bear! Then that way you would care more!
Me: Me, too, Isabella. Me, too.

Yes, I know that "I don't care" is not an appropriate response but I had no energy to think of a better one and honestly, at that precise moment, I didn't care! A good Saint never lies! :)

No comments: