Monday, September 13, 2010

No Longer A Stay-At-Home Kid

Today was a big day in the Jimenez household - Lucia and I both had somewhere to be!

This past week I accepted a job offer. I'll still be doing freelance design work but our family just needed a steadier and more reliable income. Today is my first day back in an office setting after a five year break! This also means that Lucia will now be attending school!!! Yay! Poor thing would ask me on an almost daily basis when she could go to school. How sad is that?

Doesn't Lucia look so grown up? And of course, posing as usual. She was sooo excited! I was talking to my sister and telling her about how happy Lucia was to finally be going to school and she said something that had me cracking up. She said, "Of course she is! She's no longer a stay-at-home kid!"

Lucia will be attending a Spanish immersion school. It'll be interesting to see how she does - almost the entire day is taught in only Spanish! Dios mio!

No comments: