Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day


We are celebrating our first Memorial Day as Texans!

Today I am especially thankful for all the brave men and women serving our country not to mention the families they leave behind. I can't imagine it. Hope all of you enjoyed your day and let's pray for peace. I heard the other day that at the rate our troops are dying there will no spaces left in the Arlington Cemetery in less than 15 years. What a shame.

Unfortunately, we arrived last night only to leave again this afternoon. We're driving to Houston to visit our wonderful cousins and then leave tomorrow for Costa Rica... for two glorious weeks! Yay! In the meantime, my sister has planned an afternoon BBQ and I am anxiously waiting for the watermelon to get sliced... along with all the kiddos. :)

No comments: