Friday, April 2, 2010

Rising Again A Better Person

When Harold & I were preparing to get married, I remember speaking to our priest about an arguement we were having. Honestly, I can't remember what it was about (no, it wasn't about my messiness!) but I do remember his response. He said that I needed to focus on Jesus' Death and Resurrection. Huh? He said that I needed to die to the situation and rise again.

That advice has always stuck with me even though I haven't always practiced it. Trust me, you can ask Harold. ;)

This past week, Isabella and I had a rough morning. This whole daylight savings thing still has thrown a wrench in our routine. As I was on my way to school, I looked at the clock and realized that it was less than 90 min. into my day and I was already so angry. It was then that those words from long ago came back to me. Die to the situation and rise again.

Today being Good Friday and being stuck in a car for 8+ hours as we drove to Dallas, I couldn't stop thinking about what a great example we have in Jesus. This is not anything new to me or any of you, I am not claiming to be the one to have figured this all out for the very first time. However, I had a personal "aha" moment and it consumed my thinking for the majority of the day.

I can't stop thinking about what a better person I would be, if I really would focus on Jesus' Death and Resurrection in all aspects of my life - not just a silly argument with my husband. I am given daily opportunities to "rise again" a better wife, a better mom, a better sister, a better friend.... and for that I am very grateful.

(Painting by artist named Revery, found here. Isn't it intriguing?)

No comments: