Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Choose Hope

I remember sitting in my living room with my dad. I think I was 12 or 13. We were watching a Feed the World special about the hungry children in Ethiopia. It was so sad. I remember it was just my dad and me, my sister couldn't watch these type of documentaries without crying and I'm not sure where my brother and mom were. Maybe it was late and my mom was already asleep, I'm not sure.

During a break, I turned to my dad and said that I thought if everyone in the world could give just one dollar, maybe those kids wouldn't be hungry. I remember my dad saying that not everyone had a dollar to give and the one's that had thousands of dollars, just didn't want to.

I don't know how true the latter part of his statement is today. Maybe it's more true than I want to believe. I don't know. I do know that this world is full of generous people who are working to making a difference. Hopemongers.org was created to help us, help others. The concept is simple - give $10 and help end poverty somewhere in the world.

You choose the project and they'll take care of the rest.

No comments: