Friday, October 23, 2009

Booty Shaking on the Front Lawn

The other day I decided that I was going to celebrate my children. Not sure if I read an inspiring blog post, read a story about a child dying or saw a sweet commercial, but I was determined to see past all things that bugged me and just enjoy being with my children.

Lucia woke up from her nap and we were off to pick up Isabella. I had my new iPod playing and we were both dancing around to Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" and I just knew that it would be a good, good day. We picked up Isabella and, I kid you not, we made it approximately 2.5 blocks down the street and I was screaming at Isabella to stop whining and complaining.

The whining kills me. Slowly. Every. Day. Sigh.

Yesterday, I decided I was a loser mom for giving up so quickly as I thought back on that afternoon. I turned on the radio and the beginning lyrics to "I Gotta Feeling" song were starting. Yes! God agreed and I was being given another chance. Lucia and I both screamed out in excitement.

We sang. We danced. We laughed. We got home way too quickly.

I quickly turned up the radio, jumped out the car, pulled Lucia out and we danced right then and there... in my driveway. Two cars drove by and one actually slowed down, probably because they thought I was trying to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on myself, but once they saw Lucia's smile and heard the music playing they kept on driving.

Nothing wrong here - just enjoying my daughter with a lil booty shaking in the middle of the front lawn.

1 comment:

cfender said...

absolutely love it!!!