Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adoption Update

I have decided that on the 14th of every month, I will be writing a lil update on our adoption journey. As you all know, we filled out our initial application on Feb. 14th. Yay! I received a call from our assigned caseworker shortly after.

The good news? Our application has been received and our first check already cashed.

The bad news? Gladney would like to put our application on hold for two months. The reason being that if our process moves quickly, Immigration will need income verification. Unfortunately, our many loan bills will not count. :) We figured as much which is why we did not apply last year but still kinda sucked to hear.

On a positive note, our caseworker sounds kind and told me to please keep in touch with any questions or concerns until then. That was very sweet of her. In the meantime, I am still following and falling in love with so many cute kiddos out there. The Andrew's family has inspired me so much! Lindsey is one of the first people I reached out to and to say that her children are fortunate to have her and Le as parents, is an understatement. They are in Ethiopia right now picking up their kids - with another trip already planned. They are amazing!

(Jewelry by Junk Posse, an Etsy artist, and called "Ethiopian Angel Wing" - a wing in shape of Ethiopia. Too sweet. You can see her work here. )

1 comment:

paperseed said...

Interesting! I don't know really know much about adoption, except that I had a co-worker several years ago who signed-up and then had a newborn within the month (which apparently is super-rare). I left shortly after, so I don't know much more than that. It took us years to have Chloe and during that time we tossed the idea around, but then she arrived. You have two little ones and are still interested in adopting. Are both you and your husband on the same page about it? How about your little ones? I'm just curious. :-)