Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pura Vida

If you are ever in Costa Rica, you are bound to hear someone say, "Pura vida!" It's a little catch phrase that is said over and over, regardless of the situation. The literal translation is "pure life" but it means much more than that to a Costa Rican. I heard it used as a greeting, as a good-bye, when laughing about the local soccer team and when there was just a moment of awkward silence in the taxi.

So with that being said, here are a few of my favorite pics from our trip. I loved hanging out with my little family and love, love, love the memories these pics represent. Pura vida!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! So beautiful. Glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like you had some "pura vida" of your own! :)

Joanna said...

So glad you went to Arenal. That was one of our favorite parts. Make me nostalgic for our honeymoon.The girls are too cute! Can't wait to meet the family in person.
Joanna